Sunday, January 29, 2012

Friend's 5.9 Cummins Rebuild

So yesterday I helped a friend, Mike Gutman, out with his engine rebuild for his 1995 Dodge 2500. He had this new engine built that comes with a 600 hp at the rear wheels guarantee. So I helped him pull a bunch of stuff off the old head and transfer it to the new head, paint various parts, install several odds and ends, and basically make it easier for Mike by running in circles around him grabbing his tools. It was really cool because Mike, who is a mechanic at Rader Farms and he knows his stuff, has been taking the time to explain as much as he can to me while we are working on the engine and so far I have learned a lot! I ended up working 8 hours that day 1400-2200.



So I just got back from another afternoon with Mike where we put the engine back in the truck but that will be another post...got to get my pics from that. I'll probably be going back tomorrow after work to get some more work done on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment