Monday, May 6, 2013

SPQ13 Phil

Another really busy week. I have been up in Canada Wed through Fri with no lunches or brakes :-/ It is nice to get back in the field and get back in the harvest mindset. Its been mainly services but I did have a few other calls. I had to swap out a pickers catcher rails, which is the catcher plates and the rail that they all attach to, on a older 1990's machine. The new rails that I installed were for a new picker so I had to do some modifications to the old mounting brackets and even build a new rear bracket for the rails. I had another machine that had a head weight brake off. It was just a simple weld job but while I was out there the customer complained that "the machine would sometimes not lift up". After a quick look I noticed that the hydraulic lift switch for the left side of the machine was running off switched power. I simply found a new power source and the problem was solved.

44 hours this week (between work and school)
Quarter total: 215 hours

1 comment: