Thursday, May 3, 2012

Brake job on my Ranger

So last Thursday I started noticing my braking power was starting to feel a little weak and by Saturday it was almost completely gone. I noticed that the inside of the rear passenger side tire was covered in brake fluid so I pulled the tire and the drum and things didn't look so good.  

The retaining pin was gone as well as the auto adjuster. The brake cylinder was also shot.




The picture on the right is the adjustment tab deal...and as you can see compared to the good one in the left picture it has had better days.



The brake drum had several deep groves in it so it had to be replaced as well.

This ended up being my first brake job. I went ahead and rebuilt the left rear brake as well so they should be good for a while. Kinda crazy how I did this Sunday and then we started brakes on Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment