Thursday, May 3, 2012

Leaking wheel gasket on a Korvan 7420

So this was one of my projects at work the other day and I thought I would take a few pics to show all of you kinda what I deal with when it comes to brakes, wheel ends, and such. Sorry for the poor picture quality but I don't like taking pictures while on the clock so these are my top secret spy shots.

So this is the front left wheel bolster. Basically it has a hydraulic drive motor that bolts onto the hub...that is full of precisionly timed gear (I ripped one apart and got ripped apart for doing so lol). 

This is the Hydraulic drive motor that has been pulled off the wheel hub.

Here is the mating surface between the drive motor and the hub. There is a gasket that goes between the two and it was ripped and leaking. This is a quick and easy fix...and its really nice when its just this gasket leaking and nothing in the hub or drive motor.

1 comment:

  1. The quality is fine for me! I like to see the documentation of the work, and this is good stuff.

    ReplyDelete