Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wheel seal leaking on a Korvan 9000

So I was doing a PDI on a older machine that we took on a trade and I noticed gear oil on the inside of the tire. This is usually caused by the brake-to-wheel gasket going bad (I posted a little while back on that) but as I tore it apart I could tell it was actually leaking from the wheel seal instead. I was amazed as I pulled it apart how much it is actually like the truck wheel seals we did at school.

So I pulled the hub assembly and started ripping it apart.

All the gears in here have to be timed perfectly...so that took me a bit of time.

Korvan, in all their wisdom, covers EVERYTHING in thick paint. I had to get the model so I could get the correct timing instructions.

The bearing on the inside of the hub

The hub just after I pulled the old seal.

Parts...

New seal just pounded in.

Putting it back together...

The inner gears.

Ready to install the inner gears.

Everything is all timed and ready to go.

Back on the machine!

1 comment:

  1. Nice set Phil. Good clean shop practice here, I like it.

    ReplyDelete